Thursday, February 4, 2016
Approximately 2 Burbot (4 backstraps)
1 lb bacon
1 cup ketchup
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Optional: A few drops of liquid smoke (we like hickory)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) Cut fish into cubes or the size you desire.
3) Wrap thawed bacon around fish pieces. Tip: We cut bacon slices into 1/3 lengths. Ensure you have wrapped the Burbot on all sides with your bacon; secure your bacon with a toothpick and place on cookie sheet or 9x13" pan.
4) In a saucepan, combine ketchup, brown sugar, liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce; heat just to boiling. Pour over bites.
5) Bake in preheated oven until bacon is completely cooked(approximately 45-50 minutes).