Thursday, December 8, 2011

DUCKS!!!

DUCKS!!

This fall was a fall of exploring.  It was time to find if there were any concentrations of mallards around here, and yes there was.  Concentrating on wild rice areas, we got into some great shoots, and also go to see Maggie (our 1 year 9 month old chocolate lab) work like she has retrieved for years.  The previous year when I took Maggie on her first duck hunt it was little disappointing. It was a bit too much for her.  But on our very first duck down, she marked it, swam out on command, smelled it,  picked it up, swam back, and dropped it at my feet.  I was a proud papa.

  The other exciting thing that happened is we got into drake wood ducks.  They are such a beautiful duck, and these were a first for me.   But talk about a quick moving duck!  When they fly by you have to be on your A game!


 If anyone is interested in doing a duck hunt, please feel free to contact me at the lodge!  I know Maggie would be more that excited to do it!

Bryan Bogdan and Maggie
Bryan Bogdan and Maggie with their first Wood Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment