Sunday, December 15, 2013

FIrst Ice


It had been a long summer and fall, and I finally got the chance to get the snowmobiles out.  I took my father in law onto Wekusko, and we were walleye hungry.  We just hoped the fish were as hungry as we were.  

  We got to our spot, and drilled holes.  8" of ice.  I went straight to my best gps spot for that area, and expected action right from the get go.  We had been there a while, and not much to report.  I thought about moving, and actually got up to get the auger.  I looked at the vexilar when I made my first step to go, and a fish was on the bait.  I grabbed the rod, jiggled, and wham - 20" walleye.  Finally.  That fish felt so good- been too long.  

  We fished from 11 am to 2pm and ended up landing 8 walleye, 2 perch, 1 whitefish, and 1 tulibee.  My biggest fish for the outing was a 26" walleye.  I am sure that won't be the biggest for the year!


No comments:

Post a Comment